Open the door to a new career in licensed hospitality. Unlock your potential with our package of hospitality courses.
Services » Service leavers
For service leavers and anyone else embarking on a new career in the licensed hospitality industry. Our trainers’ enthusiasm and knowledge are renowned ensuring you have the best training experience possible.
Let us help you experience a smooth and supported transition into the hospitality industry whether it be pub/club/hotel/restaurant/B&B or nightclub. Before, during and after training we’re here to support you.
Looking for suggestions for your future career? Want to explore the possibilities? We have extensive contacts in the trade and can point you in the right direction.
High Five – A packed week with highly experienced trainers who know the industry inside out and will guide you through the sessions ensuring you take away what you need to embark on your new career.
- The essentials for entering the hospitality industry
- 5 days & some evening practical bar sessions
- 5 certificates
- BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)
- APLH is a must to be in charge of a business serving alcohol
- APLH contains vital information on licensing law and due diligence
- BIIAB Level 2 Award in Licensed Hospitality Operations (ALHO)
- Includes finance, catering, employment law, customer service, health & safety legislation, marketing and merchandising
- Packed with topics covering all aspects of the licensed trade
- BIIAB Level 2 Award in Licensed Retailing (ALR)
- ALR is an additional qualification awarded on successful completion of the APLH & ALHO
- BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer and Cellar Quality (ABCQ)
- ABCQ covers beer and cellar quality, including hands on experience
- Pouring the perfect pint and other drinks for real customers during some evenings
- CIEH Level 2 in Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Food Safety is a crucial qualification for those handling food – this includes ice and lemon.
Seven Up – Step up a level. Come back to Arrochar Associates for another week. Three advanced courses on three separate days with study in between. A visit to a local brewery and a look at different styles of hospitality businesses are included in the week.
- BIIAB Level 3 Award in Hospitality Business Management (AHBM)
- Understanding a Business Market – who and where your customers are, how to attract, interest and keep them
- Motivating a Team in Business – a happy and motivated team leads to happy customers, a happy boss and a great business
- Profit, Loss and Budget Control – The more advanced side to running a hospitality business
- Five days, three training days and time for revision, plus brewery tour and time spent ‘out & about’ looking at different hospitality businesses.
Nine to Shine – Eight further advanced one day courses over two weeks, with time for revision. An opportunity to excel, eight units in addition to the AHBM and achieve the:
- BIIAB Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality Business Management (CHBM)
- Monday – Business Planning. Your skills, your plan, your route map to success
- Tuesday – Recruitment & Employment Practice. People, procedures and policies
- Wednesday – free/revision day
- Thursday – Training Design & Delivery – You have the “know how”, now train your staff
- Friday – Customer Service. Making your customers welcome, want to return to your business and tell others about it
- Monday – Stock Control. The importance of stocktaking, how to interpret stock results and how to avoid profit “leakage”
- Tuesday – Sales Promotion & Merchandising. How to get your business & products noticed & how to maximize profits using effective sales techniques
- Wednesday – free/revision day
- Thursday – Profitable Food Management. The proof is in the pudding. How to make the most from a food operation
- Friday – Profit through Accommodation. Don’t sleep on it, do it!