To apply for your personal licence, you will need a recognised qualification. On our one day courses, licensing law is clearly explained.
Courses » Award for Personal Licence Holders
The following topics will be covered on the day
- roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- application process for a personal licence the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- premises licence
- content and purpose of operating schedules
- role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- unauthorised licensable activities
- permitted temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- protection of children from harm
Legal and Social Responsibilities of a Personal License Holder (APLH) is a multiple choice exam. Pass mark: 28 out of 40.